Friday, January 22, 2010

Just a little bit of news

There has been something that I have wanted to share for some time now, I just wasn't quite comfortable yet. Today, however, things have been confirmed and so I definitely feel better with people knowing. What is this news you ask? Well, contrary to what Chris and I's "plan" was, God had different ones. We will be welcoming baby #4 around September 3rd! Surprised? I sure know we were. I actually found out on Christmas Eve and I told Chris on Christmas Day. On Christmas Eve we had gotten back from a couple of days of visiting family. I knew from the way I felt that I would be starting soon so made sure I had plenty of supplies. I didn't think about it again until after we were home and I was unpacking. I pulled out the pads and all of a sudden I just had a feeling. All I had in the house were OPK's from when we were trying with Elijah. I knew that they turn positive (test line as dark as the control line) when you are pregnant. Well, that was positive. So I quickly ran to the store to buy a real pregnancy test, which also quickly came up positive. Since we weren't trying I wasn't keeping track of my cycles and wasn't even sure how far along I was. I tried using Thanksgiving as a guide and took a guess. Turns out, from my ultrasound today, I was spot on. I am 8 weeks today.

When I say it wasn't our plan, I just mean we weren't going to start trying again until after Chris was done with school and had a job. We were hoping for 4, just wasn't expecting it this soon. Definitely raises the stress about finding a job. I mean, I can't (or don't) want to imagine us still having to be here, in this small apartment, with another baby. We are already crammed to the gills. 5 people in a 2 bedroom apartment is crowded. 6 people, I don't even know what we would do. I know if Chris doesn't find a preaching job, he will be able to get work doing something until he does. We could definitely use some prayers though that he will find a preaching job and we will get settled before this baby comes along.

And how I am feeling? Sick, sick, sick. All day long. It started right at 6 weeks, so I guess I should be thankful that I didn't get it at 4 weeks like I normally do. But I feel bad, and I have really felt like I have been doing a terrible job with Faith, Samantha, and Elijah in the last few weeks. I just hope it doesn't last too long and we can get back into our routine.

0 comments: