Monday, January 25, 2010

The word is out

Now, of course I'm wishing I could take it back because I'm not out of the 1T yet. What was I thinking? Just because I had a good u/s doesn't mean it will continue. I just hope I didn't jinx it.

I called my mom and told her tonight. It wasn't the most positive call. When I told her, her first sentence out was, "this better be the last one". Wow, thanks mom. She then quickly changed the subject. I never got a congratulations or any kind of positive reaction from her. Then again, should I really be all that surprised seeing what she pulled when Elijah was born. Still, it stings.

The rest of my family was excited. I know 4 is pretty unconventional these days, but it just feels right for us. We had always hoped for a bigger family, never thinking we would have it. And then 1 by 1, we were blessed with a precious child.

1 comments:

Chelley N said...

Melissa -- Congratulations! Regardless of what anyone thinks, a baby is a wonderful blessing! It doesn't really matter what anyone thinks about how many you already have... the size of your family is a very personal decision for you,
Chris, and God to make. Chris and I want 4 or 5 and people are shocked when we tell them that. Of course, at this point who knows if we'll even have two, but my point is that it's not anyone else's business.

Anyway, congrats again!