Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Radio silence

It wasn't on purpose that I have been gone for so long. For the past month things have been moving and record speed and I've hardly had time to poke my head above the water and breathe, let alone come on here and blog. After Thursday I think things will start to slow down a bit. I seriously don't know how people thrive in environments like this, always having to be somewhere or do something. It's definitely not me and I am physically and mentally exhausted.

So what have I wanted to blog about but haven't been able to?

Well, we celebrated our 8 year anniversary on October 26. His mom came down that weekend for a visit and so Chris and I went out to dinner that Friday night, just he and I. It was great. We went to this hole-in-the-wall BBQ place that was hands down the best BBQ I have ever ate. When we first pulled up I was just thinking seriously, THIS is where you want to eat? I felt bad after I got my food!

Then on the 27th we celebrated Faith's 4th birthday. I still can't believe I have a 4 year old. Seriously, when did this happen? She is becoming more of a young girl every day and it honestly scares me. I'm not ready for her to grow up! We had cake with pink sprinkles, presents, and dance around the living room to the Beatles birthday song, as is our tradition. It was a great time. Unfortunately Chris was in the middle of finals and so we weren't able to celebrate much.

His finals were over on the 28th and so that Thursday we took everyone to Chuck-e-Cheeses and we all had a wonderful time playing games and eating pizza.

A couple of weeks ago Samantha started ice skating and Faith started her hockey. They are both absolutely loving it. Samantha skated around last night without the buckets and she was just so proud. And the concerns the hockey director had about Faith that I listed below...completely unfounded. She did wonderful. Like I told him, she may not talk to you but she WILL listen and follow directions. And it was so cute afterwards. There were some boys 7-8 years old waiting in the wings to get on the ice after they were done. Faith was the last one off. Each of the boys wanted her to hit their knuckles as she passed and most commented on how they liked her gloves (they are pink). It was just absolutely adorable that they did that for her and wasn't something you would expect from that age group. Made me even more excited for her to play.

On Thursday I have a devotional I'm doing for the student's wives and then I think things will slow down considerably. I definitely have more to blog about that's for sure!








0 comments: