Monday, June 1, 2009

Baby weight versus Jillian

Ah yes, 30 Day Shred, or as I am now going to refer to it...30 Day Dead. Because, if I make it to 30 days still alive it is going to be a miracle. Today was Day 1. Day 1. I think Jillian trying to reach out through the TV and kill me. She has the worlds most evil grin. Is it really even a grin? She is evil. I can now feel for her groups on Biggest Loser...ok, I've only watched it once...but still. And I only had her for 20 minutes. The absolute longest 20 minutes of my life. If this video doesn't make me lose weight, then I am going to deem it a lost cause and just give up trying. It has been 30 minutes since I finished and I am still dragging my feet along when I walk, not quiet able to pick them up. And I am only on Level 1. There are 3 Levels. I think it will take the rest of my life to get to Level 2. BUT...I have my fingers crossed that I will get results. I didn't cheat, and only took a couple of breaks that were only seconds long. I do have a few disclaimers for those who are thinking about trying this crazy video:

1) If you have just had a baby and don't quite have control of your bladder, wear a pad! Jumping jacks, jump ropes, etc NOT GOOD ON THE BLADDER. I peed my pants. Seriously. OK...so probably more info than you want.

2) Make sure the baby is nice and asleep. I just set Eli in his bouncy seat while I worked out. I figured 20 minutes...no problem, he can just sit and watch. Well, by the time I was done, he was fussing, and it was hard to trust myself to be able to not only pick him up, but to walk with him.

Seeing how my muscles are still literally shaking this long after the video, I have a feeling I am soooooo going to be hurting tomorrow.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds brutal!