Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I survived

My mom's trip that is. It was quite uncomfortable and I was constantly watching what I said but I survived. She was actually only with us a few hours each day. To be honest, I don't know why she bothered except to get pictures to send back to show she was here and to take to work to play off she is the greatest grandparent ever. Sunday I expected because Chris was preaching at a congregation that was a bit of a drive. But Saturday she was able to spend the whole day with us. You know how long we saw her? 4 hours. Broken up into 2 2 hour chunks. Before she left Sunday night I was mentioning something about breastfeeding Eli for a year. She got the most disgusted look on her face and said, "you mean you aren't weaning at 6 months?" I said, "a no, not if I can help it, why?" (I asked why because of the disgusted face and her tone of voice). She said, "don't you think that is a little OLD?". Apparently weaning at the ripe old age of 1 is disgusting. Ah well, at least that trip is over. Probably won't have to deal with this for another year.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Glad you survived.

I would love to know what she thinks about mothers who let their children wean themselves at the ripe old age of 4 and 5.