Wednesday, May 20, 2009

An update of sorts

I'm really really not looking forward to this weekend. My mom has finally decided to come up to visit and meet her newest grandchild. You know, the one who I spoke about earlier who has told me she is ashamed of me. Yeah, this should be fun. Absolutely nothing has been resolved, she has just chosen to sweep it all under the rug and pretend we are one big happy family. I hate that. Sweeping things under the rug. It's how my family always deals with things when in reality, nothing really gets dealt with. Like today when I was talking to her she said, "I know you don't care for your brother but he really is a good kid". I just about blew up and asked when in the world did I ever say I don't care about him. In fact, I have said the opposite time and time again. Then she quickly said, oh nevermind, I was mistaken. I did tell her though that if she was going to be throwing in jabs like that the entire weekend she might as well stay home. Her tune quickly changed.

Yeah, fun times ahead indeed. Ugh!

Our PAT person came today for her last visit until fall. The girls have already had their evals and so this was just a playtime visit. She also got to meet Elijah and was checking his motor skills. She put him on his belly and completely lifted himself onto his arms, lifted his chest off the ground, and was holding his head up so high and leaving it there. I just about had a heart attack! That was the first time he had done that and I know he isn't suppose to be able to do it for another couple of months. She asked if I was giving him a lot of tummy time, and I told her I had to confess that actually, no, I don't give him as much as I'm suppose to. Usually just once a day. While he was on his belly he was also started to push out with his legs, scooting across his mat. If he keeps this up we are going to have another early crawler. Why do my babies always insist on growing up so fast?

Faith had her last ice skating lesson for this session. She won't start back up until June 9th. Her teacher wasn't able to advance. I knew she wouldn't, she still needs a little more work on one of the requirements. The teacher was so sweet though. She said she felt terrible for not being about to advance her (she absolutely loves Faith). I told her I completely understood. The teacher said if she had advanced her she would have had a lot of problems in the next level. I told her the most important thing was that Faith learn the fundamentals of skating and that she have fun doing it. I don't want her advanced just for the sake of advancing. She is just so thin she doesn't have the same muscle strength as the others yet, which make her have difficulty on the one part.

The other kids that were there today are 5, she is just 3...I think it will be ok!!! Plus, I think the others had already been through that level a few times because from day 1 they already knew how to do some of the stuff.

I'm still amazed at how well she is doing. All of the kids pick up skating so quickly.

Here's a pick from my birthday last month:



And Sammy lovin on baby brother:

0 comments: