Friday, May 22, 2009

Not again

A few nights ago I realized after I fed Elijah that I was getting the burning pain back again. The next night it was so bad that I couldn't go back to sleep. It was then that I realized I had thrust AGAIN. So, off I went and applied the Gentian Violet. The next day, in the early afternoon, I realized I was starting to get really achy. I had done quiet a bit of scrubbing and figured I was just sore. It just kept getting worse though. I finally decided to take my temp just to see. Sure enough, a fever. Then I realized just how bad my breast was hurting. Lifted my shirt only to find half of it looking pretty angrily red and swollen. Ah yes, mastitis again. Because, you know, it wasn't fun enough the first time.

Luckily I didn't get as sick as the first time. I went ahead and called the doc and got an antibiotic just in case it got worse throughout the night. Luckily though my fever broke and I haven't taken them yet. I am still swollen and really sore though. Feeding Elijah on that side is just pure pain. It's unbelievable how much it hurts when he eats. All I can do is grit my teeth and keep chugging along, hoping it all heals up soon.

I'm pretty sure I know the reason. For the past week and a half I have been feeling really run down. I don't know why, I've been getting the same amount of sleep, but getting through the days had been hard. Chris has been so busy at school that I have only seen him about 30 minutes each day. Certainly didn't help with the run down bit. So yeah, that probably messed with my immune system and as a prize I get mastitis. It's the only thing I can think of as to why I would get it again.

And to top it all off my mom got here today. Today went ok, fingers are crossed that the rest of the weekend will go the same.

2 comments:

Jess said...

That stinks! I hope you feel better soon.

If you do need to take the antibiotics, I would suggest some kefir or other probiotics. A couple weeks ago, they put me on some really heavy duty, horse-pill, 4x a day antibiotics. I took it with kefir for every dose, and neither of us got thrush!

Lisa said...

That stinks! I hope it clears up quicker than the last time for you.

I got the prescription for pills from Dr. Stanczyk. He and Kim were the ones I talked to.

Who recommended you for that job? I wonder if it is the same person.