Thursday, April 9, 2009

1 month!

(Pulled over from the old blog)

I absolutely cannot believe it has been one month already. I don't understand how it is possible. Things are going well on the adjusting period. The last few nights I have just been waking up with Elijah about every 3 hours. BUT both Faith and Samantha have slept through the night. Much better than just a few days ago when they both were waking up multiple times, along with Elijah. Up until a few days ago Elijah would be wide awake at 8:00 pm. He was ready to go when I was ready to go to bed. I couldn't get him to be before 11, and usually it was past 11:30. And even though the girls were waking up many times through the night they were still up bright and early. It amazes me how quickly you forget about this phase. I guess it's no different than forgetting just how bad morning sickness is, or how uncomfortable the last weeks are, or just how bad labor is. Each bad part is so quickly forgotten, at least for me. Elijah has been having an issue with spitting up too. At first it was really bothering him and I thought maybe it was reflux, but now he just spits up and doesn't blink an eye. Sometimes it is just a little, sometimes he completely covers me. He is gaining weight just fine though.

It has been so different having a boy. I have been peed on and pooped on so many times! The girls never did that to me! The worst part of course was the circumcision. They didn't do it in the hospital like I thought they would, but in the docs office a few weeks later. The actual procedure was fine, it was after the local wore off that broke my heart. At his 2 week he weighed 8 lbs 3 oz. Not sure what he is up to now since he isn't seen again until 2 months.

I must say that it has been so strange not being at the docs office. I was there every week since I was 20 weeks. You really get to know the staff and doc when you see them all the time. I miss them! I wasn't very happy with the ped I was stuck with and no other doctor would take us. I called my OB nurse to see if she could help me out in getting a new one...and she was actually able to. And the ped wanted the whole family! I took Samantha in for her 2 year last week (yet another post...she turned 2 on March 26th!) and I absolutely loved her. When she walked in the room she said, so...(nurse lady) must really like you! So yeah, I miss those guys and not sure what I will do after my 6 week on April 14th.

I would say the hardest part in the adjustment period has been the pressure I get everywhere else. I help Chris with they typing up of his notes for school, which is quite a feat, I have homework myself for the preachers wife courses...which I had a take home test due 2 weeks after Elijah was born (yeah, I'm sure I did really well on that!), I am still working myself, I'm trying to take care of everything around the house and with the kids so that Chris can just focus on his studies. He doesn't need to extra stress of things going on around here, he has plenty from school. When they said it was intense, they were not lying. From the time Elijah was born until last Wednesday when finals were over we probably say him for about 30 minutes a day. I wanted all that time to go to the girls. He had just gotten behind from me having the baby and had a ton of work to do. I'm sure this quarter will be much better.

Anyway, Elijah has been a really good baby. He does have his fussy times, but overall is generally happy. He actually sleeps through his sisters noise during the day. The girls have been all over the poor little guy. I was expecting after the first week they would be over him...but they just can't get enough. Samantha walks around calling him Little Buddy, since Chris called him that one day. It's so precious to see how they are with him. They are always trying to put his pacifier back in if he spits it out, they are always covering him up, giving him kisses. While we have had our rough times, I would say it has definitely been easier having the 3rd than adding the 2nd. Faith and Samantha usually keep each other company. I am always extra careful to give Samantha more attention though. Faith is always in your face and is demanding your attention, and the baby of course does too. Samantha has always been the type though just to hang out in the bedroom and keep herself company. She is too laid back and I want to make sure she is getting equal attention.

We had signed Faith up for a soccer league that started this past weekend. We really thought she would like it. Um yeah, not so much. They had a practice on Friday and then a game on Saturday. She just kind of galloped around the field on Saturday and wouldn't go after the ball. She just kind of followed everyone else around the field, always a few steps back. The ball even came to her once and she just stood there and watched it go by. She really didn't like it much at all and told us that. Of course she liked the snacks at the end of the game though. We are seeing if we can get our money back and maybe we will try when she is older. She has however been wanting to learn to play hockey. We have had her in a learn to skate program since January and I'm telling you she is a natural on the ice. She is even doing great in the hockey skates, which I hear is harder than figure. She always wants to go to the other rink where they practice hockey. I love it...of course! The hockey coach even knows her now (obviously they don't get many 3 year old girls who are wanting to play hockey!) The coach can't wait to get her in, just waiting for her to get a little better. I think she needs to be a bit older too. She has been a little hesitant on the opposite sex. She does fine if her teachers are women, but if it is a man she really pulls back. He even gave Faith a helmet and gloves to take home, which was so awesome. And to think I was just trying to find something for her to do this winter. I was just going to have her learn to skate. When I was trying to explain to her what ice skating was I explained that when we watch hockey, that is what they do. Then her face lit up and she said, "I get to learn how to play hockey!!!" Okaaay, sure, why not!

And here she is:





(Even Samantha had to get in the fun)

0 comments: