Thursday, April 30, 2009

How have I never thought about this before?

My birthday coming and going this year made me have an epiphany of sorts. Something I never thought about until a few days ago.

A child's birthday means just as much to the mother as it does the child. That was a huge day for us as well. The day our children are born are such magical moments, ones that we will never forget. The first time they laid our babies on our chests. The first time we looked into their eyes and instantly knew they owned a piece of our hearts. Each time our children celebrate their birthday, it will always bring back the memories on the day they were born. I think my children's birthdays will always mean more to me than it does to them.

Does any of that even make sense? It made more sense in my head but is pretty hard to get down in writing.

It is truly amazing how God can put so much love in our hearts.

Sorry, I'm just babbling.

0 comments: