Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Another decade bites the dust

Today was the big 3-0 birthday! I can't believe I am actually in my 30's. When I think about the journey I went through in my 20's, I can't help but wonder what the next 10 years will bring.

When I started out my 20's, Chris and I had been dating a few months, I wasn't yet a Christian, didn't even think about marriage let alone when I would have children. It's not that I didn't want to eventually get married to someone, I just never thought I would find someone who I would trust enough to marry. I had my life laid out already. I was going to get my BS in Biology, move to North Carolina and go to UNC-Wilmington to get my masters in Marine Biology. I would then either get into the research field and be out on the boats or I wanted to work training dolphins. Never did I imagine I would become a Christian, fall in love, get married, have 3 children, work from home so I could be with them, and be on my way to being a preachers wife, all by the time I turned 30.

God is good indeed. Only He knew what turns my life would take.

We had a beautiful evening at home. Chris came out with a Hostess cupcake with a candle in it for my "cake". Both girls drew me pictures as their presents...and really, those were the best presents in the world. We did our traditional Happy Birthday dance to the Beatles with everyone (including Eli!) dancing around the living room. It was a perfect evening. It's hard to grasp that this is my life now (hard to grasp in a good way!). I mean, I am a mother of THREE children and I have a wonderful loving husband.

Oh yeah, and I am now 30. Crazy. I feel like I should be so grown up now, it's kind of bizarre. I can no longer joke with Chris that as he is on the downhill slope of his 30's I am still in my 20's (which I did down to the last day!).

Ah sweet 30's, I hope you're good to me!

1 comments:

Stacie said...

Happy Birthday!!!! BTW, you aren't *in* your 30s until you are 31. ;) At least that is what I told myself last year when I turned 30. Now I'm just 29 for the 3rd time :)