Saturday, April 11, 2009

Family drama is always fun

I was just told that my mom was ashamed of me and "my religion". I am merely a Christian. I use the Bible as my guide, not man made doctrine. I am a sinner who is trying to live in the world but not be a part of it, I am a follower of God and try to apply to my life everything he asks of me.

And that is a reason for a parent to be ashamed of me?

Maybe I should do drugs or start drinking...maybe that would be an easier pill to swallow than my Christianity. I can see first hand how Christians are so hated in this world. How easy it is to twist our faith around and make us look like the bad guys.

I can say though, "I will not be, I will not be moved".

We must all remain steadfast in the word of God when others blast us for it and even when the decisions we must make are hard.

“And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” Matthew 10:28.

0 comments: